Saturday, November 14, 2015

The Saturday After Friday the 13th

First, I have to share what Matt did earlier this week with the groceries I hadn't put away yet.  I love how he did it so symmetrically.  
On this morning's walk, I was enjoying the last hanging on of the greenery of summer.  Those weeping willows are fighters, I tell you.  It was good to be out way earlier than I normally go on Saturday.
 The sunlight was catching the colors in this tree so beautifully against the blue sky.
 I was struck by these prickly pears this morning.  I think that is maybe the fruit of the plant.  In November?  I apparently don't know much about prickly pear cacti.  We had little ones on our farm while growing up, in the lava fields, etc.  Someday, I will have to try some prickly pear...but not from some person's lawn.  It was weird enough I squatted there and took this picture, right?

1 comment: