Friday, November 20, 2015

Busy, Busy

It was a busy 24 hours (most of them are, who am I kidding?), but I did get to go to our nearby wetlands with the kids on my lunch break.  They love it!  Truthfully, Matt opts out if given the option because he is a home body, but he doesn't put up a fight and has fun once we get him out there if he isn't given the option.  It was cold but we were brave.
 Funny how they actually all went to look out over the scene and ended up in age/height order.  Something about my mother heart loves to see my little ducklings in a row like stair steps...gets me every time.
 Lily does a pretty good duck call which Miss D quite liked.  She copied Lily, "Quack, quack, quack!" in the deepest voice she could manage every time she saw a duck or goose.  Daph LOVES nature (my kid, right?), and even though she can't get used to walking on uneven surfaces just yet (city pavement and sidewalks and carpet and even lawns are all pretty even), she is full of joy and freedom as she tears around and teeters precariously near the edge of the trail.
See, exercise.  It's good for you and especially good for Mom who hates the windy cold but will venture out for the sake of exercising her children. :)

These little boys crack me up.  These are their superhero poses.  Ben thinks every time I bust out the camera he should be doing superhero poses.  Love it!
And lastly, though potentially silly (but I don't care), today is the 16th anniversary of Lucas and I deciding we were not just friends...there may have been a kiss involved, and so I made him the mother of all coconut cakes (halved the recipe though because we really don't need heart attacks for another 40 years) and seafood lasagna (don't judge, you seafood haters - it is divine).  Time intensive but that's what makes it special, I suppose.
Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment