Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Example

I have been trying very hard to religiously (no pun intended) read my scriptures.  I have probably read more consecutive days in a row this past month and a half than I have since high school.  I have really felt the need for extra strength, and there are just a few sure places I know to turn for that.
This afternoon, I was trying to work on DG's quiet book.  DG just wanted loves, not a distracted mom, so since I had a few minutes before Matt needed to go to piano, I asked her if she wanted to cuddle and eat a graham cracker with mom while I read my scriptures.  After I sat down and was looking for the page I had left off, she walked up with a mini Book of Mormon we bought for Lily years ago.  She said, "Scriptures!" and climbed up on my lap to read her little book as I read mine.  They are always watching what we do, and the fact that I've never had one of my 1 year olds do this before but DG has shows I am improving at last in an area I've struggled with for too long, and with that, my little girl notices I am a woman who loves to read words from the Lord...and eat graham crackers with this cute little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment