Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Good news today is November 3rd, no more pretending, AKA the post about the pumpkin patch

Leetle wee Shawn.  Sometimes being a middle child feels like getting lost in the crowd (at least that's how it seems to me), but he is such a fun kid, and I was super excited to get time off work, so I could go with him to the pumpkin patch.  I love that Shawn gets to go to preschool.  It's like his own special place, a home away from home with no big bros or sister to boss him around.  
Now every Nicholes kid has gone to the Linder Farm pumpkin patch.  L and M went as they went to the same preschool Shawn is at, and even Ben went with his preschool (but they didn't allow parents on that trip).
DG was cuckoo the whole time because it was her nap time.  She loved the animals, though.  All the things the signs warned against, she tried really hard to do.  Don't stick my head in the pen?  I'll show them!


 Bright sun selfie.  We were on the hayride.  Shawn and I were having a good time.  Daphne was trying to be a big girl and wouldn't let me touch her (I secretly held on to the back of her pants so she wouldn't fall) as she bumped all over on the trailer that tracto was pulling.  You know, I have the hardest time loving my face with glasses on it.  I apparently have some deep-seated biases against me with glasses.  Doesn't bother me on anyone else but on me...sigh...maybe I will crack and get contacts...but enough about me.
A new feature was this giant black culvert they had turned into a slide, angling it against a straw bale pyramid.  Shawn made the happiest Wheee sounds you ever heard as he shot down it.  I don't know what Daph would have done...we didn't dare try.
"I own this place!" thought the 1 year old always.
Oh, and a corn pit to play in.  Not as sharp as I used to be because when I was sweeping/mopping/vacuuming last week I was wondering where all this huge kernels of corn came from that I found around the toilet and under the couch cushions.  Aha moment.
And we even encountered a train on the way to pick up Lily when we were done.  That happens like once every couple of years in our meanderings around town, so pretty cool.

All right.  I'm caught up.  Now I have 27 more days to blog.  We will see what I end up writing about.  There is a lot going on in my head, so letting some of it pour out onto the screen shouldn't be that hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment