Monday, November 16, 2015

Nightmare on Our Street

That title is full of hype because actually this is about just a little incident that happened in our house today.  It involved a lot of blood, let me tell you.  I am making faux Roman shades for our front windows, and for probably the second time ever I left my rotary cutter blade out.  Stupid.  I was downstairs ironing and Daph came to visit me.  She was pointing at our cat, and then she came over to me and showed me her hand...her very bloody hand.

No tears, no major concern on her part, but on my part, mucho concern.  We followed the bloody trail she had left on the laundry cabinets, a drip on each and every stair and then a nice big area in our dining room and onto the table, where Mom had left her rotary cutter in the middle.  I grabbed a cloth and squeezed her hand in it to hopefully stop the bleeding, and then the phone rang.  I'm so weird about the phone, so I picked up, holding my calm bleeding baby and talked to Matt's piano teacher for a few minutes, keeping the little cute hand above the little cute head.  Then we patched her up.  She ripped them off.  We patched her up again.  She ripped them off, and now we are down to 1 little Band-Aid which I'm hoping she'll leave on overnight.  She is my most get-into-things kid, probably because I am distracted a whole lot more by the 5th kid.  I definitely could not keep 10 kids safe and alive.  Nope.  But so far I am doing fair to above average, at least, I'd say for these 5.  We've been getting a few more mock angry faces and a definite need for more mom cuddling this afternoon and tonight, but I am so thankful because it could have been a lot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment