Monday, November 30, 2015

Hard Decision, Good Cause

No pictures today.  Gasp!  We have several fun holiday traditions, but we don't really have a tradition of service for our little (big) family.  I want to start something, something that will give us pause, help us to lift others up, and help us be thankful for our blessings.  I've thought of a bunch of different ideas but either meet dead ends or don't feel that it is a great fit.  I would like everyone down to 4-year-old Shawn to sort of get what is happening, at least a little.  I've thought of helping local resettled refugees, paying for someone's meal anonymously, entertaining/visiting with old folks, sponsoring a family long term.  Ack!  I don't know.  Still processing.  Still trying to feel which idea is right or hoping for a brilliant new idea.  We don't have oodles to spare, but we certainly have enough to share some love.

No comments:

Post a Comment