Tuesday, November 3, 2015

NABLOPOMO

Pretend it is November 1st, because I need to flex my writing muscles and am going to write every day this month.  So, for this post, it is...November 1st.  My first few posts will, naturally, be catch ups, traveling back in time.  We had a great Halloween.  Lucas took all 5 kiddos to the Trunk or Treat (after doing Lily and Ben's makeup, I might).  Then when I finished work I took them around the whole neighborhood.  Only 2 kids made it the whole 3 hours with me.  I am Halloween hard core, what can I say?  It was a fabulous weekend, made sweeter by Lucas being back after nearly a whole week away.  We missed him so much but had a very, very wonderful reunion weekend.
 DG dressed as Minnie for Matt's piano recital.  We were going for quick and simple.  The dress is actually one Aunt Sam got for Lily when she was DG's age.  Time flies.
For actual Halloween, Lily ended up being Super Cow (after I jokingly bought her a cow headband because her favorite thing to say when anyone asks her a question is, "Cow!").

Matt wanted to be his Terraria avatar, iballisticelf = all black clothing, blue flower in spiky hair.  Oooookay.  We went with it.

Ben insisted on being a ninja kitty because he didn't want to be JUST a ninja or JUST a kitty...Ninja Kitty!

I had Shawn talked into being Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes all month...until I took him costume shopping.  Then he wanted to be ALL THE THINGS but settled on firefighter.  He actually pulled off 2 preschool Halloween parties.  Lucky boy.

Daphne was the cutest thrift store costume I could find.  I knew she couldn't be very gussied because the closer to au naturel she can get the happier she is.  A simple dress with wings that didn't bug her worked well.  You would never guess from the pictures, but she had the most fun night.  She would do this funny lilting run from house to house and down the driveways.  She was obsessed with dogs.  Said what sounded like Chi Chi for trick or treat...and we never quite got thank you down but next year she'll be a pro.



HAPPY HALLOWEEN from us.  I LOVE THESE KIDS!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, good goal! I made a goal to write five thankful things on FB every day until Thanksgiving--to get in the mood for one of my favorite holidays! You are missing some stellar posts! Kinda.

    ReplyDelete