Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Even Dinosaurs?

You'll be happy to know that the day after this picture (today), I tamed the beast and got Daphne's hair pulled back out of her eyes, and she even kept her hair elastic in until 6 p.m.  Woot, woot!
Last night as I was preparing dinner, Daphne took me to her room and asked for the dinosaurs.  I obliged and soon she was pulling them out one by one, asking names and making a little dino scene.  I immediately had to text her dad a pic because she is so awesome at playing with toys!  Which makes me want to buy her ALL THE TOYS for Christmas.  I have a long list of what I'd like to spoil her with, and I am really having to keep myself under control.  It is so rewarding to ban kids from tech as much as possible (the poor boys think they are pretty deprived at times) and to see them actually play with toys and each other, to write and draw and act and be what I consider NORMAL KIDS (thought not normal by today's standards).  It is a battle, sometimes every day, to say no to tech and yes to being just kids, but it is very rewarding...the one draw back is a way messier house but it's worth it!!!  And Dapherdil will be playing with toys and not tech for a long time yet...so maybe I can spread my spoiling out over a few years.  On the other hand, though, they are only young once.  Sigh.  Can we coin a term, instead of first world problems, I shall call it "this is the last one problems" -how not to spoil an adorable little tasmanian devil rotten but actually nurture her into a good-hearted, giving, non entitled adult.  It.  Will.  Be.  Hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment