Friday, November 13, 2015

It's a Great Day to Be Alive...and other Travis Tritt thoughts

Ok, really I have no Travis Tritt thoughts.  I am just feeling unusually happy for a Friday morning which is the second ugliest day of the week for me currently.  It is a good day to be alive.  Fall is attempting to careen into winter temperatures, but there are still lots of beautiful leaves.  I will say, though, Travis did have a good point of being grateful for the simple things.  Oh, how I miss the (what is now) old school country music about family and true love and hard work.  From what I hear during the ONLY time I listen to country music, which would be when I am road tripping solo, country music now is about beer...lots and lots of partying it up on the weekend with beer...and brainless, unbelievably hot, desperate for love girls.  Not my cup of tea (see that, tea...NOT BEER). 

 Any who, moving on, Lily had pulled out her 5th grade pictures to use one on her author page in a book she has made for English class which she gets to have published in color.  Lily has a long and colorful school picture history, but her dad and I think this one is adorable (yep, I took a picture of the picture).  It blows my mind how she has increased in height and mass (that word makes it sound like its a bad thing but, really, completely normal, these growth spurts) about 25% since last year.  I am still holding out for a 6 footer.  She isn't insecure about her height at all, so I think she wouldn't mind either, but clothing her, sheesh, if she or I was stuck on name brands, we would be in debtor's prison.  She had such a rough start to the school, and now she has a few good friends at school, loves YW, and is entering every writing or art contest she hears about.  She isn't overly obsessed with A's, like at all, so sad are her parents about that, but she does relatively well, and it is a relief because, wow, it was not looking so good a couple months ago.  She is so beautiful and so helpful (but oh the attitude or not listening at times - sad but to be expected).  She is still shocked quite often at names she gets called or hears at school and disturbing/crude vocabulary she learns, but I try to just explain facts and point out the moronic and/or uneducated natures of some adolescence who are trying to look cool or fit in or don't get all the information and support they need from home.  Just be kind to people, have integrity always, leave a situation when you feel uncomfortable and make/keep good friends.
Sad preschool story time.  The good news is Shawn appeared to have cared less, but:  It was our turn to take snack yesterday to his second preschool.  Yes, that's right, we signed him up for regular preschool, but the school district decided that not only did he qualify for speech but that he should come his 1 day off from preschool to the school district preschool.  Thus, we had to get the snack and he was able to share things from around the house that start with the letter T.  I was so proud since we only go once a week that I remembered his folder, his snack, AND his share items.  The problem is we packed a tow truck, train, triangle, and some other T toy.  When I asked how it went once we got home, he said, "No toys allowed at school, Mom, so I couldn't share."  Again, he wasn't busted up, but I felt bad that the 1 time he actually gets to have a special day (as once a week means it will probably be once every couple months for him) I didn't happen to have read the school handbook.  Weird how different school in the same district have such different rules, and it's not like he was going to take them out and brag or distract.  It would be a little alphabet discussion and then back in the bag they go but whatever.
 
Lastly, and randomly, because it is ME we're talking about here, weird commercials.  I see hardly any commercials because A) no TV, B) no time but I did see the following 2:

On Youtube I saw the weirdest Hoover cordless running of the bulls commercial because if a bull was tearing through my house you bet I'd be vacuuming up after every little mess he'd make as he was nearly plowing me over.  Yep.  Then, while Lucas and I were dining at SubZero last night (I use the term dining loosely, though we did get the Medium size which is really big), we saw one of those As Seen on TV commercials on the TV there for some kind of automatic nail trimmer with light and push button and safe/nondangerous.  Wow, it was weird, the product a little but the actual commercial/actors in it - B I Z A R R E

It IS a GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment