Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Love Letters from Lucas

Don't worry.  It's not what it seems.  Don't get me wrong, in our premarriage life, I received enough love letters (and even a poem or 2) to make even a French mistress jealous.  Passion for me ran madly through my husband's veins.  Now I think you'd be more likely to find Coke, queso dip and especially something called SQL pumping through his body.  Gone is the chance of an Austenian romance for me...I blame familiarity; my husband blames it on having 5 kids, But all hope is not lost:


A few weeks ago I stepped into the shower, and what did I see?  A blob of hair off to the side, an unusual place for it and certainly not something I'd seen in the shower before.  I thought any hair lost from my head magically went down the plumbing or at least got caught in the drain.  No, this hair was different.  I soon realized that my dear husband had cleaned the drain of my hair and sat it to the side.  At first I thought, "Why can't he just throw it away?"  I certainly dispose of or clean up the less unseemly creations of ALL the members of this household time and again.  Surely he could take care of a few strands of hair.  Everybody sheds.  Then I realized this wasn't a subtle hint that I should clean my own hair out of the drain.  No, this was an act of unselfish love.  If he had thrown it away, I would have never known his true feelings for me.  Now when I see those blobs of hair (weekly now-I need more vitamins or a good short haircut stat), I picture how Lucas must lovingly think of me as he cleans the drain free of my luscious locks, how he gently sets the hair of his one true love to the side so that when she bumbles into the shower she can know, can see plain as day, that he was thinking of her that very morning.  I may not get love letters anymore, but my husband's thinking outside the box skills are through the roof.  Thanks Sweetheart!


2 comments:

  1. First paragraph--hilarious!

    All the rest, I am feeling a little queasy/inspired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queasy because that's what drain hair does to us women. GROSS! I just had to, you know, change my perspective to the inspired view point so it gives me something to smile about...less gagging that way.

      Delete