Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Wacky Wellness Wednesday

I know many people who are believers that taste testing food as you're preparing it, including that nice spoonful of cookie dough, doesn't count calorie wise but...

Have you ever told yourself that a certain sugar/fat laden cake or bread was healthy because it has fruit in it?

Have you ever told yourself that it is your moral obligation to eat the rest of that bag of chocolates/chips/candy because once they are finally out of this house, via your digestive tract, then you can finally eat healthy?

Have you ever told yourself you would finally eat healthy, go out and buy all the items to do so, and then let them sit neglected as you go about participating merrily in your old habits?

Have you ever let a good number on the scale give you permission to do some celebratory eating, and conversely, have you ever let a bad number on the scale cause you to do some depressed eating?

See what I have had to put up with all these years of living with me?  Oh, the lies, the lies!!!  Make them stop!

My being more healthy plans this year are starting out simple, and my only concrete measure of success will be fitting into this pair of shorts I picked up at Ross last summer.  I can squeeze into them now, but they are meant to be relaxed fit, awesome outdoors' babe style, so that's the goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment