Friday, January 4, 2013

Back to Reality

MY REALITY-  Light sabers on the floor.
                        Light sabers banging on my door.
                        Light sabers by the kitchen sink,
                        Every time I get a drink.
And a Millenium Falcon on our dog crate for good measure.  Everyone should have one...a Millenium Falcon that is.

SO, um, earth to Anna, Christmas is....over.  New Year's?  Also over.  Now there is a seriously long-term habit I have--All the time growing up, from my perspective, once school let out for Christmas break (it was never winter break back then), you did nothing but get hyped up about Christmas, enjoy Christmas, get hyped up about New Year's, be lazy, and eat food--for 2 weeks.  Oh, it was a thing of beauty.  I have never gotten over that.  I just feel like it's a time for hunkering down, going out as little as possible and just enjoying your family and recharging for the new year (and the rest of a long, cold winter).  As an adult, it has gotten tricky, but I still hang on to the desire to pull this off every year.  This year (having a 9 year old really helps) I pulled off a lot of sleeping in which is seriously unheard of for me.  I spent a lot of time enjoying (and at times hiding from) my children, and I didn't clean the house quite as much as I should have.  With 4 kids home 24/7 and a bunch of new toys, it's kind of self defeating IMO anyway.  I did have to work my part-time job this whole time (yes, even on the actual holidays-nature of my work), but that wasn't too killer.  This week I've spent half-heartedly trying to get back into the swing of things and really evaluating my personal goals and how I run my household, writing, writing, planning, and trying to simplify and plan baby steps so that I don't expect too much of myself and have mucho success instead, just a little at a time.

At last, though, after 2 insanely late nights working and then another night of sick boys causing me to feel like the Living Dead all week, I think if I have a laid back weekend, I am ready to start taking names and kicking some trash (how's that for an incognito way of saying lazy time is over-Resolutions Attack!)

Hehe, now my secret blogging weapon...more like what sets my blog apart from others I enjoy (aside from my randomness)--TOMORROW I AM BLOGGING.  I love several blogs, but the people don't blog on Saturday-making me a bit sad.  Well, I'm going to blog on Saturday so I have something to read, and I get to introduce the beloved, although haggard Bobo and my plans.  Nothing like putting it out there to the blogosphere, so tomorrow, here it comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment