Saturday, January 5, 2013

Nod to Bobo

Warning-I am not an artist, not in any sense that could be appreciated greatly by others.  Plus I am getting used to drawing on my iPad, so improvement should be seen over time.  Truly, though, this sketch is meant to be childish looking.  There IS a story.

Once upon a time, there were 2 sisters,  One was fair and had long super curly hair but was a little insecure.   The other was a general pain the bum little sister who loved to tease her.  Fortunately, as long as said little sister wasn't a total meanie, said fair older sister would be a good sport.  Somehow, I took to calling my sister Bobo (meant as a name of affection but, Bobo?  I don't know what I was thinking, don't ask).  

Well, Bobo and Anna went to church every Sunday but as children sometimes do, I would get restless and one Sunday started coming up with these cartoons of Bobo and her life.  I drew the cartoon version not fair and curly haired and looking a little rough (twisted sense of humors come in all forms).  Bobo had many adventures and she made us laugh until we cried, although very quietly so as not to interrupted anyone else.  I had forgotten about this cartoon until a few years ago my sister pulled out a notebook.  I felt a bit sheepish, but to her those times fond memories, and though reading back I couldn't believe what a tease I was, it makes for a funny, weird, sense of humor bond between us.  Every cartoon had a story behind it-a boy we teased Bobo about, one of her insecurities being amped up-much territory was covered.

Incidentally, lately, when something absurd happens to me or something a little depressing, sometimes I see a cartoon pop up in my head, all laid out.  As I'm not an artist, they look amateur but they help me smile and laugh to myself about something that might otherwise make me eats lots of chocolate.  Therefore, I am going to try to put some of them down.  If Bobo can like the silly cartoons I drew to entertain her many years ago, maybe my children and/or I can find some of my and their adventures in my cartoon mind amusing some day.  

Coming up next week, an amateurish, scribbly cartoon every day to make me laugh.  Plus, don't miss out on:
      MOM'S MANIC MONDAY
      TIPSY TUTORIAL TUESDAY
      WACKY WELLNESS WEDNESDAY
      THOROUGHLY THANKFUL THURSDAY
      FINE DINING FRIDAY
      SIMPLE TRUTHS SATURDAY



No comments:

Post a Comment