Monday, January 7, 2013

Mom's Manic Monday

Now that we got the awkwardness out of the way for today, I want to introduce you to the cast of characters who plod, prance, somersault, stomp, and light saber fight their way across the stage of my life each and every blessed day.

This wonderful creature is my Judy Moody, and though she is moody at times, JM is worth all my children's weights combined in gold.  In this picture, the tall little lady is cleaning the snow off our sidewalk while in temperatures in the teens.  Yes, money was involved, but she did it in freezing cold weather right after school when she would normally be trying to scarf down massive amounts of food.  She works hard when she feels like and does a lot of  child coordination efforts around here.  She can be bossy but then so am I.

Ah, young Obi Wan.  He is a bookworm, an imagineer (note no capitals), a super smart kid.  He stays up late reading at night.  He has a sensitive side which can be detrimental in a rough and tumble household, but most of the time he holds is own or can scream loud enough to compensate at the least.  Hi was very Star Wars, then very Angry Birds, and now that he is in the thick of the Harry Potter series, he is trying to convince me to let him start using his sheet as an Invisibility Cloak.

This is The Quiet Man.  He has the most lovely blue eyes which I could literally stare at forever.  His Christmas camera has brought him lots of enjoyment and has saved me from jammy fingerprints all over my cellphone which he used to take the most fascinating pics.  Even though his speech is taking awhile to come along, looking at what he takes pics of with his camera is amazing-fine art in some circumstances...if you can call closeups of our vent covers and a series of his cookie being eaten bite by bite art, which I totally can.

And last, but certainly not least, we have The Hulk.  Yes, I realize this picture is blurry, but that is the story of TH's life.  He is constantly "rearranging" the entire house, trying to climb and sit on stools, and striking terror (in smallish doses) in the hearts of his comrades (brothers).  He is a mean little guy, but I think he sees it as his means to survival and living life to the fullest.  He is starting to have timeouts now, so I think his world is about to change.  Meanwhile, there's nothing he loves more than taking something you need, running as fast as he can away from you, and smiling as he hears the unhappy cries.

Ok, one clear picture of him just to demonstrate his other love besides Hulk smash and all that jazz:

There you have it, a complete lover of chocolate and all things candy like and not worried a smidge about devouring it neatly.  Thank goodness for baths because if we were out on the prairie living old school, he would be set out to get licked by coyotes every night right after dinner.






Well, here are the little joys of my life.  I believe that in a woman's life there are many stages and phases, and I will get to do all the important things my heart desires when the time is right.  For now, my heart desires to be leader of this pack!

No comments:

Post a Comment