Monday, January 21, 2013

My Manic Martin Luther King, Jr., Monday

Hehe, I have the best pictures, but I have a rotten, kind of violent feeling cold and am too tired to go to my room and get my camera, so I hope to share the pics and the great little story that belongs with them tomorrow.  Today, as it has been single digits and cold for way too many days/nights for way too long, and it is really showing in the kids hyper level, I did what many moms have done before but what i have never been inclined to do.  I took them to an indoor play place called Planet Kid, and it wasn't too bad.  I did find out I am super uptight about other moms not making sure their kids are following the rules.  Like, no I'm not okay with your 8-year-old being in the toddler ball pit and throwing all the balls out so that the worker has to go to  the outside of the enclosure to get them while you chat away with your friends about conspiracy theories.  See, lame pet peeve, but it is mine and I will own it.  My kids had a great time, and were absolutely exhausted afterwards...for about an hour.  Then, they started with the too hyper because it's too cold and we want to eat lots because it's too cold thing again.  That's ok though.  They are alive and healthy and cute and way better at following rules than a lot of kids and adults I know, so I love them lots.  Pics tomorrow as naughty, naughty The Hulk has been at it again....

No comments:

Post a Comment