Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Rose

Sooo, I like Little House on the Prairie books, and though I'd probably heard of them, I didn't realize there were 7 books all about Laura Ingalls' daughter, Rose, and apparently even some about her mom, Caroline.  I was skeptical but desperate to read and got the Rose Years books from the library.  I've enjoyed them a lot.
In the one above, I wanted to smack Rose for about half the book, but then that is a common feeling of mature motherly types when it comes to ungrateful teenagers.

Otherwise, I am eagerly awaiting continuing the Ranger's Apprentice series recommended to me by my man.  I read speedily through 2 books and then was on the waiting list and started the Rose ones, and I am not a champ at reading multiple series at once, so once I finish the last Rose book, I get to go back.  I can't believe I have spent so much of my motherhood with vast gaps where I didn't tons.  My life is so much richer when I am immersed in a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment