Friday, February 21, 2014

Laughter and Haircut Reprise

A family that laughs together stays together...or something like that.  

Tonight, Hulk was discovering the joys of my iPad, playing with some monster named Lenard.  Hulk kept popping the monster's balloons and laughed that sweet loud, full laugh that just makes me feel warm and melty.  He did the same thing again and again and just thought it was the funniest thing ever.  
Also, Grammie (that's what Hulk calls Grandma), got the kids presents today, and Dragon ended up with Mad Libs.  When we explained how it was most funny if you shared the creation of the Mad Lib with someone else and he had Judy Moody suggest words, then shared it with us, that was good for all kinds of laughter too.  I love it when something is funny, but the person sharing it is laughing so hard that you are laughing at their laughter even if you can't understand what they are trying to say.

And, my haircut last week, I ended up hating it because it was done poorly.  Um, duh, that's what happens when you go to a beauty school for your cut!  So I got it fixed today and am so much happier.  This is what I wanted in the first place, albeit a little longer.  My stylist person said schools are good for coloring and other chemical processes because that is what they focus on, but haircuts, she said, are only really figured out after a person has been through school, by trial and error, so I've learned my lesson.  Tabitha (her name) said A-line cuts are super scary to students, so, again, I have learned.  Anywho, long story short, so much happier now.  Blurry pics but happy.

And lest you think my life has been all my hair and Baby, everyone else is alive and well (except for a cold virus flying around here).  The Husband has been juggling work and trying to get in as much time with his mom as possible.  Judy Moody has been honing jacks skills, learning to play Rummy (poor girl needs to be patient with herself, takes awhile to learn), and she is singing in a choir this weekend for stake conference.  Dragon is getting impressive with his cleaning skills, and he has been doing origami this week.  I love creative children, especially when they did things I loved as a child.  Quiet Man has been a little off his rocker this week but Skylander makes him HAPPY.  Hulk has been trying to adjust to Baby Girl and is doing marvelously.  Having to buy all those diapers this week made me also buy a new potty seat and undies.  Once I change those benign little baby diapers, the 2 year old's diapers are extra gagworthy.  I would LOVE to have a boy who potty trains before age 3.  Angels would be singing.  Baby Girl is so sweet but will miss Grammie's arms to hold her while I go about housework and brother care.  I suppose part of it will be taken over by Dad and part of it will be her being #5.

I have been so blessed and supported to rest a lot the last 2 weeks, so I pray that next week goes well.  Real deal, back to reality stuff, minus work which hopefully won't add too much when we toss that back in the mix.  I will say, I love my kids so much and I am loving my baby girl and all that comes with new baby, but there is a certain appeal to moving on to the next stage of life (i.e., no more pregnancy, labor, middle of the night feedings) if that is God's will for us.  I also realize I will miss all these things (though some parts I question, like diapers, really?, how could I miss poopy diapers).


No comments:

Post a Comment