Monday, February 3, 2014

Hands Down Best

Because I am to the point where most of life's physical pleasures are devoid of their former glory (but I can still eat...in extremely small portions unless I want to down Tums).

Forget food photography.  This is just so I'll remember to record recipes for my kids...if they don't go gluten free, sugar free, etc.

Breadsticks.  Found this recipe in a church cookbook from our marrieds ward.  Incidentally, Husband's least favorite thing I ever cooked was located in that book.  It included broccoli, mayonnaise and chicken.  I will never live it down.  But back to these breadsticks--it is hard to eat just one and my kids will eat 6, 7, as many as I let them, so we really have to watch them.  The secret deliciousness comes from them being dipped in butter, although I've had great success with cutting way back on the butter.  Then you have the trifecta of garlic salt, parsley and P.A.R.M.E.S.A.N.  Mmm, the whole family loves them and they are a perfect accompaniment to soup...or by themselves in marinara if you are into carb loading.
 Simple Delicious Chocolate Cake.  Really, you can use whatever your favorite chocolate cake is, but then, then, you make a Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting (cutting out 1/3 or so of the sugar).  This works well for people who are not huge into frosting because of it's sickly sweetness or shortening nastiness.  It is decadent but the less sugar makes you not feel sick, just chocolatey satisfied.
 And my favorite photographer is seriously Quiet Man.  He cracks me up.  Today, he wanted picture of just him and no Hulk, but Hulk photobombed and so I let Quiet do selfies to his heart's content, one of which was just the smiley on his shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment