Tuesday, March 11, 2014

What the Atonement Can Do IF We Let It

Soo, I'm going off my beaten path today.  I follow the blog of a sweet sort of middle aged/older lady who lives in England.  I'm an anglophile to the core.  Her blog is at http://andthenweallhadtea.blogspot.com.  She is so fun and whimsical and does art and is very reflective and apparently a great cook, though I haven't tried any of her food blog recipes.  Anyway, from her blog today I found another blog, and it dawned on me that this blogger is local:  http://themomentswestand.blogspot.com/

 I read about her husband's murder in the papers 3 years ago and made all sorts of assumptions about him, the murderer, and the murderer's wife.  Oddly, I barely thought about his widow and their 5 kids.  I felt sorry for her and wondered how she felt briefly and that was about it.  Well, I read several of her blog posts.  It seems like she is maybe remarried now and has started this blog to share all the hard (understatement) things she has gone through and how she was able to deal with it, etc.  Some parts of it made me cry because I wonder how could she make it.  I know when you know what you need to do you just keep plodding along, but what heartache, what despair must have been felt.  But she is so great at tying in the Savior's part and I can tell she has a testimony and has forgiven and just seems like a way nicer wife/person than I might have been in that situation.  The Savior can nurture and carry us through anything!!!  That is brought home to me again and again.  ANYTHING

No comments:

Post a Comment