Thursday, March 20, 2014

Sarah, Plain and Tall - That's Me

Oy vey!  I have a 7 am dental appointment tomorrow.  I won't be a sociable person, but I will be there.

I have to remember this Sarah thing, though.  It's been an eventful/exhausting couple of days.  Hopefully I will write a quick summary soon but not tonight.

Sarah, though... I was visited by 2 members of our Relief Society (women's organization) presidency last night.  They dropped off the sweetest little hat and booties and a blanket.  Two different women in the ward make these for the new babies.  Ah, you can tell that in this ward there are way less babies that come along than in our last one.  The excitement, the meals, the offers of taking care of the baby during church, the ogling...very refreshing...oops.  Sarah.  So one of the counselors asked if I had ever watched Sarah, Straight and Tall.  I was wondering if she meant Plain and Tall and she said yes.  We read this as the class novel in, I believe, third grade and after her comments I want to go back and read it again or watch the movie which I recall being pretty good.  She said I remind her of Sarah because there I was right after DG was born going about my business, always so calm and together and unflappable.  The president said, yes, you seem to have everything figured out and like you don't need our help.  Well, I do have it down to where I don't need a ton of help, although my MIL and neighbors (visiting teachers) were invaluable in the first few weeks.  I liked that they view me that way, although I can't say it is how I feel on the inside or how I act consistently.  Something to aim for, I suppose, rather than feeling overwhelmed day after day and worrying that I will never get my monstrous to-do list done.

No comments:

Post a Comment