Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

I was grocery shopping this noon hour.  I am a morning errand runner, but Judy's piano teacher wanted to tune our piano and we set this morning as a good time.  It was must VERY quiet while a piano gets tuned.  Therefore, Hulk, DG, and I hid out in our master bedroom to stay out of the way (oh yes, and Hubby lay sick in bed while we did this).  I attempted to style my hair.  I fed DG.  I talked with Hulk.  I made my grocery list/weekly menu.  I "snuck" out to switch my laundry.  Hulk loudly yelled SHHH during that whole trip to the basement as I had told him we must be very quite while walking through the house.  So, at last, when I went to pick up The Quiet Man, off the 4 of us (can you believe that's skeleton crew? 4 of us!!!) went to the grocery store.  At checkout, there was another mom with 3 kids, 2 girls and a baby boy in a car seat in the cart.  She asked if the baby strapped to me was a girl and we both thought it was fun how she had 2 girls and then a boy and I had 2 boys and a girl.  Then she said she had 2 more girls at home.  I said I had a boy and a girl.  She said it's so busy huh?  I said yes, I often feel a little overwhelmed.  She said she was glad that someone else felt that way and knew what she felt like.

For example, you know that laundry I switched out.  Laundry is currently a 3 day process.  Start on Monday, trying to get a head start.  Plan on finishing Tuesday, only to really just get it all almost washed and dried and then actually fold on Wednesday.  If something comes up, then forget about even putting it all away until Thursday.  RI-DIC-U-LOUS but it is reality for me...at present.

My lovely spacious room a bit cluttered with the day's laundry in progress.

OH REMEMBER WHEN?????

Laughing at this sad predicament earlier, life 14 years ago came back to me.  Living in the dorms.  I just bought a ton of underwear (enough for every day changing), and I only had to do laundry every 2 weeks to a month, that being 1 load of darks, 1 load of whites.  The whole process was done faster than I can eat a pint of Ben & Jerry's or a bag of chocolate.  My how times have changed!

(And I know I'm not the only one who did that.  It was normal for lots of college kids, so too bad if anyone is weirded out).

Wish me luck that for this week, at least, I can finish the whole process tomorrow and rest until Monday on that front.  I do have Visiting Teaching, so we will see...deep breath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment