Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cats!

No.  Not the Broadway musical.  I ALWAYS said cats were my favorite animal growing up.  I loved all our farm cats.  I would nurture the sick ones, "help" the mommy kitties feel comfortable when they gave birth, take care of the deformed ones (don't ask, maybe radiation, maybe inbreeding), beg my dad to not hurt any of them, cry when they got shot by teenagers or ran over or disappeared.

Our indoor cat has made me think cats aren't so great.  The outdoor cats were kind of living to survive.  Their stimulation was mousing, outrunning hawks or coyotes maybe.  Our indoor cat's stimulation is finding any cup filled with anything and batting at it until it falls over, spilling its contents.  He is obsessed with our kitchen and opening any plastic bags containing food or possible food he can find.  He drives me crazy.  Yep, for those of you who have already heard of my rants about him, I am complaining again.  Husband has trained me to be used to dogs but indoor cats, they don't give a...care.  They do not respect or feel loyalty.

Alas, our cat with stay.  This is his...forever...home.  BUT ONLY BECAUSE I LOVE MY FIRSTBORN DEEPLY!

1 comment:

  1. Harsh harsh cat mom. He needs love too. Plus it just teaches you where you stand in the cat's life. And if you don't know it, you are not at the top, CAT is!

    ReplyDelete