Monday, December 29, 2014

46 Weeks

The preferred hangout, which gives nearly every family member a heart attack but makes Daphne LAUGH and LAUGH (not sure if it is the taller than everyone else perspective or what but so it does).

DG has warmed up so much to her Dad.  She has so many people in this house to be amused by.  Sometimes, when she doesn't fuss and want JUST her mama, she will crawl off and chase after brothers' cars or Pluto or Enzo.  It is SO FUN to watch her explore.  She has still been sick this week off and on, poor little one.  It is not a horrible illness, just long and makes her a bit fussy.  One blessing of her feeling rotten is I am reminded what a cuddler she is.  Lily at this age would bolt out of my arms and never sit for a whole book to be read.  Daphne burrows into my shoulder or rests her head on my shoulder.  I love being able to go and nurse her to sleep every night or cuddle in the rocking chair with her until it is time to lay her down in her crib (tummy down, of course).  She still wakes up often, nearly every night.  I feed her and place her back in her crib.  If I try to let her "sleep" next to me, she decides it is a party at the disco, so back to her own bed is a must because she immediately falls back to sleep for several hours.  She can pull herself to standing on lots of surfaces already.  Grandma Laura got her a fun baby walker for Christmas, and she loves it, but she can get twisted up like a pretzel when I try to get her little foot to move along holding onto it.  She is still unsure how to coordinate all those cute, chubby little baby parts while standing.



Last thing, Daphne not only claps a lot, but she raises her arms up high in what appears to be a happy, I'm on top of the world kind of gesture.  She giggles over so many things too, like tickling, dancing with me, and all many of funny things her daddy does.  Our little girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment