Sunday, September 28, 2014

Wolf

And how can I stop this blogging roll without mentioning Thursday night when Matt got his Wolf Badge.  What?!  I am liking Cub Scouts way more now that I have a boy in it.  All the things you do seem so random, but the boys eat it up, and Matt was so proud of what he had accomplished and so looking forward to getting recognized.  I was surprised because normally he seems to care kind of less about those real life accomplishments than video games or his made up worlds, etc.  This is a great program!  And he has wonderful leaders of his den and pack.  Sadly, his papa had his first night of class and couldn't be there.  Thus, it was my first pack meeting with 5 kids all to myself, including help setting up and clean up.  Wild stuff.  There was a storm brewing all through the event, and the kids really fed off the storms energy.  Wind equals disaster (on a minor scale).  There was also a box car derby for the meetings activity.  It was the best of times and the worse of times.  I only remembered the worst after 3/5 kids had breakdowns and misbehavior during the night until I watched the videos of Shawn going through the course.  They aren't very good, but I think you catch his spirit of excitement and determination. I can't get them figured out, but they are must see as soon as I do!!!  Well, I got them up, but they don't seem to work.  Maybe you can get a small part of the idea, and otherwise I will share them in person with those I can.



 Matt "wolfing" down whipped cream to get to his badge.
 Then we had some technical difficulties with all the wind, but he is pinning on my mother's pin.
 Proud of our guy.  You can tell it was a wild night just from these pics.
 Finally a chance to do the course.  Due to some sibling interference he got too sad to do it at the beginning of the night.

 And above and below are my 2 eager ones.  Lily and Ben had shot forward with all the early starters, and these guys wanted to wait their turns.
All the kids, at some point during the night, were having a fabulous time--never at the same time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment