Sunday, September 28, 2014

General Women's Conference F14

A wonderful evening.  When I sat down with my daughter (11 and careening at times toward womanhood), amongst all those other women and girls, all trying to live good lives, seek the Lord's will fit them and their families, each with goodness and joys and sorrows personal, I felt an amazing power in the room.  Sad to say I have maybe gone a couple of times or that might have been my first, I'm not sure.  But watching from home or reading later IS NOT THE SAME.  Only took me 16 years to learn this.  Lily and I had a mahvelous time cuddling, listening and feeling the spirit together.  God is so good to answer prayers and heartaching questions I've had through his servants.
I had to do a silly pic as I won't be able to lift my baby girl much longer.

Some inspiration took away for me:

1.  I need to make temple attendance a habit again.
2.  Control of our bodily appetites helps us be spiritually prepared.
3.  The temple is the source of happiness.
4.  I need to add knowledge to what I know to be true and share it.
5.  The Living Christ (memorized even) can strengthen in me my understanding of the importance of the sacrament ordinance.
6.  I need to be a light of happiness and testimony to my dear children.
7.  When I have fear, doubt or sin, I am blocking myself from God's blessings!!!
8.  To find my real self, who I want to be which is the same as who God wants me to be, I need to LIVE THE GOSPEL JOYFUL!

I have had several experiences lately that have lifted up my weary body and given my spirit and mind the love and truth I need to not give up hope and to renew and strengthen my faith.  God loves me.  Jesus died for me, and I exist that I might have true JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment