Friday, September 12, 2014

The Big 1-1 ?

It feels like Lil's birthday 11th shouldn't be a big deal and yet it seems monumental to me, being a parent for 8 years.  I love my eldest, my first girl, my often partner in crime SO MUCH.  She wanted a Greek goddess cake, and since the Cake Boss "I ain't" I went with a Greek temple ruin.  It was awesome for what it was.  God bless my kids for loving their birthday cakes.  I, just, uh, have given up on trying to make them look professional.  They taste good (almost always).  There is much love put into them, and, heck, now I just have fun with it, realizing this is not my area of expertise.
Eleven things I love about Lily:

1.   Her helpful mode when she just tries to be as helpful as possible for no reason whatsoever.

2.  Her early riser gene (which I apparently lost and gave to her).

3.  How sweet she CAN BE with her little brothers and sister.

4.  Her artistic abilities.

5.  Her calming influence.

6.  Her mad litter box emptying skills.  She has been so dutiful.

7.  Her desire to do the right thing.

8.  Her near boundless energy which has been around since almost birth.  It may be on the wane as she enters the teen years...maybe???

9.  Not shying away from trying/doing hard things.

10.  Offering to give me massages.

11.  Her love of reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment