Thursday, August 28, 2014

EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

Quick post.  I just have to say that late summer mornings, when the nights actually cool down and it takes a bit to heat up for the day, are fabulous.  I have a few windows open, with a cool breeze coming through, and all I can smell is fabulous cut grass and growing things.  Ahh, pure heaven.  Not to mention 2 little boys play contentedly (um, never mind) while I get started on work for the day.

I forgot to mention our back to school feast.  I picked a theme-be a builder-as a reminder that we should be building each other up and not tearing each other down at school (AND AT HOME) and that we should be using our creativity and intelligence to build AND that we should always remember to build our foundation on the Rock of the Redeemer.  Lots of building thoughts.  I shared a quick little message and then we ate foods that they said were their favorite currently.  Green beans-Matt  Grilled cheese-Ben  Lasagna-Lily.  Plus we had to have some dessert with chocolate because I am their mom.  We watched the Lego Movie (note Lucas's smooth tie-in to my building theme), and then Lucas gave each child a father's blessing and we sent them merrily to bed.  It was a great send off and the first week has gone really well.  Though curious me would love to be a fly on the wall in Matt's and Ben's classes.  I hear many details about Lily's day, but boys (at least my boys) make whatever they are doing outside of the home a secret society.

P.S.  Thinking of bribing encouraging the 3 school kiddos to memorize Helaman 5:12:

And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

Seriously, need they know anything else if they know this???

1 comment:

  1. Everything is Awesome? haha - I like how you worked that in from The Lego Movie. Funny.

    ReplyDelete