Sunday, August 17, 2014

27 Weeks

Daphne likes cats!  Okay, she likes to try to taste our cat's tail, but she LOVES kittens.

Cattails, anyone?  Bwahahahaha!

She still loves to hide her face with a blanket and then play peekaboo.


She chooses to lift her bum and push off with her feet to propel herself across a room.  Unique, as her sibs all would at least roll around until they could crawl.

I love my kids.  Five different souls who make every day an adventure and a life lesson.

L-so concerned about dressing and looking her best for school this year.  It is so odd to see your little baby girl grow into a rough tomboy and then her alter ego (we'll call her nonchalant fashionista girl) duke it out daily with the tomboy.

M-that kids soaks up facts like a sponge and spews them at me like a geyser.  I so often forget how his mind works.  I asked him today about his King David Sunday School lesson.  He said he would not try to marry a girl who was married already and that when he was married he wanted it to be to someone who hadn't been married before so they could have all their firsts together.  He said the advantage of marrying a divorced girl would be she could tell him what is was like but that he would never want to get divorced and wants a forever family, like his mom and dad.  He thinks and thinks.  Whew!  All that from me asking about King David as I was curious how his teacher handled teaching the indiscretion of King David.  Lily's teacher was more blunt, which makes sense because if your 11ish year old has no clue about birds and bees ya better hurry up.

B-I've had 3-4 people say his speech is getting better.  He is a ninja fanatic.  He is the original ninja at our house, to be clear, and he is ridiculously good at what he does.  He can bide under my bed and I haven't a clue, or jump out of my closet, appear from nowhere.  He is my BONAFIDE little ninja.  2 weeks to kindergarten.  Deep breath.  "Mom, you happy at me?"  Very, my precious boy, very.

S-3 may be a rotten age sometimes simply because I can't logically reason with him on a consistent basis and because he WON'T poop in the toilet (Tmi, I know, I know), but if I'm not stressed out, it is all quite comical and I laugh and laugh.  "I not poopy....I is, I is poopy."  "I is a good boy.  I a little boy, not a big boy."  "Nes" (no/yes).  "I cute."  "I not ebil" (Ben tries to convince him he is evil).  Oh, essentially each day, whatever I want him to do, he casually argues to do the opposite; however, reverse psychology makes him quite manageable....for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment