Saturday, May 26, 2018

Matthew, Champion of the Library

As an aside that is totally unrelated to this post, our friends had us do 16 personalities quiz.  I'm a Mediator type, INFP-T.  It was eerie reading it because I have never heard myself described so well, including things I couldn't put into words and motivations I couldn't understand.  Wow.

Moving on...
Here we have Matthew.  His 6th grade year was rough, at least for his parents; he seemed to do okay...because he could escape into books...and he read a lot of those.  His librarian gives out awards called the Champions of the Library.  Among 6th graders, Matt checked out far more books than any other kid, clocking in at 150+ books...and most of those were novels, not comics/graphic novels.  It's a little thing in the grand scheme, but he thought it was pretty cool to be acknowledged for something he's so passionate about.

He's such a loving caring deep-thinking soul. His family prayers just melt my heart with their thoughtfulness and sometimes take me aback with their forthrightness about family issues we may be having.  Onward and upward, my boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment