Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Irises on the River

I saw these beauties along the greenbelt this week.  Breathtaking next to the flowing waters, I tell you.  On a walk last week with Matt and Daph, I noticed several huge swaths of orange poppies which have naturalized along the river as well.  
It's really quite fantastic to take walks often enough to notice each change the season brings...not to mention the river levels this spring.  Some days my path is flooded and sometimes not, though it's always been passable, unlike last year.  My favorite little off the beaten path place has been flooded for weeks.  I hope my favorite log for push-ups and foot soaking isn't washed away when it's all said and done.  We'll see.  I'm hopeful whatever the flood waters leave behind that it will still feel like my little hangout.  I would miss Warrior 3 by the river because something about the surroundings and especially the sounds let me hold poses for a long time that I struggle to maintain for a minute at home (make that 10 seconds if there are screaming children OR flippant cats OR an over-friendly dog helping me with my practice.

And, as always, I find my river walks in nearly any kind of weather so inspiring.  I have so many stories flowing through my head when I walk.  I've only taken a few notes.  I need to get writing again.  Anyway...

We took the Activity Girls on a bike ride along the greenbelt.  It was a reprise as we took them in September but the most excited girl broke her wrist in the church parking lot before we even left and she missed out.  Now she got to go and they loved and I think most of us could have gone on a lot longer, but a short beautiful ride as another of those May storms moved in, with tearing through the puddles of flooded water on the pathway, was probably much better than going too far and hearing *gasp* complaining.  I never have to deal with that kind of thing around here (rolls eyes, and sometimes I'm as bad as the kids).

I love you, River.  Forever and ever and always.  Sure this sounds like an overstatement, but you have changed my life.  I probably have God to thank for that, but you are certainly an inspiration to me, and He created you.  He did a perfect job!

Random P.S. to go with random river thoughts:  Lucas is desperate for a new phone as his is dying a slow sad death, and there is a BOGO deal.  I don't really want a new one yet, but I could get an 8 EIGHT EIGHT!!! megapixel upgrade and that is the one beef I have with my phone.  It's my main photo source and I am often not impressed.  Decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment