Friday, May 25, 2018

L Finishes 8th Grade

I went to an assembly two days ago with a bunch of other parents and 400 eighth graders.  It was so neat to see lots of people working hard to achieve.  Media kind of makes me think teens are useless teenagers (media, not my personal thoughts!), but there were some incredible kids.
My incredible kid got awards for reading lots of books this year, for getting her first year of all A's (to some this is not a big deal but she worked hard and stayed on top of assignments daily; she was a machine), and for being a very helpful student to her FCS teacher (because she loved that class and would stay after just to help clean-up and go the extra mile). 

I honestly hadn't reflected on the fact SHE IS GOING TO HIGH SCHOOL next year quite so much until that moment.  She has a lot to learn and so many more 100s of times to butt heads with me, Lucas, her brothers, the world, but I see lots of glimpses of goodness and a serious amount of hard work.  My baby is growing up fast, and it was nice to take an hour to contemplate her and other kids, some with pretty rough circumstances, trying their best and seeing results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment