Tuesday, February 17, 2015

We Made It-52 Weeks!!!

And what a year it was...

Well, in case you can't tell, Daphne is the youngest.  I've heard all sorts of things about you have a million pictures of your first and then it all goes down hill from there.  We went a little crazy (for us at least) for Daphne's birthday.  We didn't go present crazy.  We didn't go decoration crazy.  We just went documentation crazy.  So lots of pictures...that's all I can say.

At a year, Daphne has 7 teeth (got her last one the week before she turned 1).  She is still unsure of the whole walking thing.  She loves to be cheered as she stands, but move those feet, no thanks!  She loves kisses and kissing and getting doted on...by each brother, her sister, her mom, and dad.  Her little language is so adorable.  She talks up a storm sometimes as she sits in her Dad's lap.  She loves to hunt Pluto kitty, who is ever so patient with her.  Basically, Daphne knows she is loved, and though she is definitely a diva, she is a doll as well.

Talk about full circle.  Lily and I started this chevron quilt for Daphne 2 days before she was born.  We finished it 3 days after she turned one.  I think it shows a huge amount of love that Lily did this for her sister.
About 2 weeks pre birthday, I became obsessed with Daphne getting a rag doll for her birthday.  I saw some very cute ones on Etsy and some crafty bloggers' sites I follow, but I couldn't rationalizing spending $40 on a beautiful display doll that my 1-year-old would trash.  Enter me making a doll because I totally had 2 days to play-around with a sewing machine.  Oh well, it was good for me.  I used all things we had around the house...except for stuffing and yarn for the hair.

 For Daphne's birthday I made a lemon blueberry cake with raspberry buttercream filling and lemon buttercream frosting.  It was very delicious but plain jane and intended for everyone BUT Daphne.  We knew the missionaries would be here that Monday night and would help us eat it up.  Then for Daphne we made a smash cake, wherewith I practice my weak piping skills but had a lot of fun since it was a no-pressure situation.
 Naturally, it couldn't have been a Daphne celebration without some serious tears.  In her defense, she jsut reaches for the candle, and Lily and I said, "No, no," because we didn't want her to get burnt.  Daphne does not like, "No!" but at least she was unharmed.
 After 5 minutes of serious crying, I soothed her into checking out her cake.  She soon decided face first was a good way to go...kept the hands clean for a minute at least.



 Daddy showing her the finished doll I made.  It was a good night, and a fabulous day to celebrate the milestone we've all made it to.



No comments:

Post a Comment