Tuesday, February 17, 2015

And finally, Life as a 1-Year-Old

She screams, is possibly more cantankerous than ever, but the kisses and the occasional full night of sleep and the watching her grow and learn and love and be loved is pretty awesome.

Daph discovered the drill from her brothers' tool bench, placed in her mouth and then squeezing the trigger, tickles and makes her laugh uncontrollably.
 And this is today.  Hello Baby Girl.  I love you, even if sometimes the only to have you hear reason is chocolate chips in small quantities.  I know, my mothering skills...but they are smart and healthy and we are working on the rest.
P.S.  We finally got her crib lowered...goes to show you her cautious nature.  Lily was diving head first out of hers at 9 months.  Daph made it safely to a year, and now we did preemptive safety precautions, because every Nicholes has the desire to dive eventually...I don't know why.  We also moved Shawn back into the room with Daphne.  He seemed to need to be babied a little more, to be near his mom and dad, and Daphne needed a buddy.  Perfect match (and did I mention the last 2/3 nights have been sleep all the way through ones.  Woot!

Ok, I am so caught up on things, as much as I care to be on this blog for now.  I must now prepare all the veg and meat for the rest of this week's meals.  Seriously, did I sign up for this whirlwind life?  Yes, yes, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment