Tuesday, April 29, 2014

My Little Buttercup

Yes, indeed, Daphne's 'baby song' was born of The Three Amigos...and Lucas started it, though when Lily is singing it for the fifth time in a row he wishes he would never hear that song again for the time being.

I had to post about this little muffin today.  See that alertness, that perfect posture?  That is the alertness and perfect posture of a girl who slept from 8:30 pm to 6:15 am, after which I fed her while she slept so that she would keep sleeping while I ran.  Then she continued sleeping until 8:15. so basically her eyes didn't open and she was pretty much sleeping for 12 hours.  She slept in her crib for the first time last night too - wonderful but difficult for me at the same time.  Today she was really focusing her eyes on her hands again, trying to make them do her will, so fun to watch her develop and be more laid back than with other children to let her take her time doing what she needs to do.
And for posterity sake, regardless of how silly it may seem, I am recording my babies baby songs which are songs that I sing to them a lot which either make them smile, stop crying or go to sleep:

Lily-Silent Night

Matt-I Am A Child of God.  
(parenthetically I would also consider him a DMB baby as part of labor and his delivery into the world entailed a Dave Matthews Band CD I asked Lucas to put together for me.  Possibly this could explain his somewhat laid back attitude and his name, a bit.  BUT, BUT, BUT, trying to explain this DMB thing to an 8 year old did not go so well last night.  Why did you name me after that guy???  It was more a Bible name than DMB AND the Bible has been around way longer any way.)

Ben-A Little Bit of Red by Serena Ryder (aka-oh baby blue, oh baby blue, because he is my blue-eyed baby boy forever)

Shawn-You are My Sunshine

Daphne-My Little Buttercup (via The Three Amigos Movie)

No comments:

Post a Comment