Friday, April 18, 2014

Because 12 hours of work in 1 day is a lot for this lady...

I am taking a quick non-pic blogging break.

Tomorrow we HAVE TO get our front beds weeded, planted and mulched...or I may have an adult tantrum.  U.G.L.Y.  I have daylilies and shrubbery for goodness sake.  In a few years, it will look awesome!

I love (understatement) spring in my city.  It is amazing, and our neighborhood looks and smells wonderful.

I am FINALLY getting my 2014 Primary binder organized.  Whoopsy.  So glad Camie suggested Google docs.  It's all there.  I just need to print out some hard copies.

Out my window I can see our Japanese maple (Hubs always wanted one so it is funny we got a house with one already 'installed'), and the neighbor's tree with medium purple blossoms.

Hubs and Dragon Master (at this point he should be Pokemon!)  have a Pinewood Derby car to create this weekend.  We have 22 eggs boiled and ready for coloring too.  It's going to be a busy weekend.

I am so thankful for Easter though!!!

Judy did so well at her recital last Saturday.  We liked having family there even though it's not the most spectacularly fun thing to do when you are out of town.  I feel immensely proud of Judy when she plays her solo, Coldplay's The Scientist.  Her fingers seem so sure, and she is so confident and (when not in public) natural appearing at the piano.  I was thinking this week how indispensable she is to our family, even though she is the #1 source of torture for 2 of her brothers.  This stage of still being a girl but on the verge of being a teen is definitely a roller coaster ride, but I am so thankful God sent us our Moody girl.

Dragon Master is so obsessed...with everything in its turn really.  He gets interested in something, immerses himself in it, spews facts about it, and then moves on to something else.  I marvel at his mind.  I wouldn't say he has a photographic memory or anything, but when I teach him something academic wise it takes ones time and he has it.  If only he was so meticulous with letting us know where he is and what homework and projects need done and are due.  We seem to be on our own in that way sometimes.  I also read an article this week that made me rejoice in his sensitivity.  I was going slightly down the road of be a man, toughen up, but if he always stays a bit more sensitive than other boys (assuming we don't have monster bullying issues) then that is a good thing.  He will make such a loving husband and dad (as long as his family like to LISTEN), and the world will definitely be a better place to have my Dragon as a man in it as opposed to some violence-obsessed or perv-obsessed due.

The Quiet Man.  I tell myself that he will be okay even though he is smack dab in the middle of the family. His Aunt Ja is in that position, and she is a rock star, relatively speaking :).  I am committing to multiple mini therapy sessions a week between Quiet and I because frequency of practice seems to be key with childhood apraxia and 2 sessions a week is not enough.  I have observed enough of his sessions to know what to do, and I have done a lot of research on techniques that are particularly effective for his condition.  Above all, it is a time investment on his and my part, a vital one.  No slacker mom allowed.  Plus, I think, perhaps, perhaps, he may launch me into my next career.  We shall see.  Blue eyed boy is going to speak intelligibly for all!!!  I can't give you a timeline of when this will happen, but it will.  TQM loved his preschool Easter celebration.  A real bunny!  Hard boiled eggs to peel and eat (he ate 3)!  An Easter egg hunt!  Bday snacks!

Hulk is still...Hulkie.  Wow.  This morning you could hear him stirring and coming out of his room.  I was getting dressed in my closet and a few minutes later, he peeled around the corner and leaped into my arms, holding me in a tight hug.  He easily holds record for most destructive toddler ever in our household, mostly in the medium of marker and pen, and that kid can scatter toys and office supplies, kitchen items, food, and pretty much anything, everywhere in the house.  Then the rest of us get to clean most of it up (he helps but does way too much to make him clean it all himself).  But the hugs, the phrases he uses, his smile and confidence.  Too cute and lovable.

And DG...this blog inadvertently turned into Ode to DG for awhile, but she is always doing new things, and she is beautiful.  Today, she found herself in the mirror while I was holding her, and smiled and cooed up a storm to herself.  She is almost out of that precious newborn stretching stage.  Her big eyes and lifty eyebrows and the way her upper lip looks when she coos just make me love her even more and marvel at this little being.  What a surprise and labor of love to get her here, and a heap of work to keep her happy, but babies are so fun to watch grow into adult-sized versions...Can you tell I haven't got to deal with teens yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment