Friday, February 1, 2013

Quick Catchup for the Week

Wow, another post with no pictures-LAME.  I do want to update on what we've been up to.  It's been a week of ups and downs-that's life.  We got good news, as good as we could hope I suppose, from the doctor, so we are all healthy and well.  Judy Moody is practicing being a teenager 3 years too early, but when she sets her mind to being helpful and good, she is a lifesaver!  Obi Wan just finished the fourth Harry Potter book.  I'm positive at age barely 7, I could not read a 700 page book, so bravo!  The Quiet Man turned 4 and has kindly given us some hope that he will be talking more.  He is saying short sentences that the 3 adults in our house can understand, and that feels great!!!  I purchased an SLP therapy course with a ton of handouts and am taking matters into my own hands in teaching him.  His SLP is awesome; however, how much can a kid soak in 30 minutes once a week-not a lot IMO, so we are hitting it hard at home.  For anyone else who has a child who is taking their time or has some speech challenges, iPad has some amazing articulation apps.  TQM loves them and will actually practice on his own, thus making me very proud.  The Hulk (ironically TQM got hulk fists for his bday) continues to do wall artwork whenever one of his siblings kindly leaves any writing instruments around.  He has torn apart only 1 roll of toilet paper this week, has thankfully been prohibited from playing in the toilet for the first time in I don't know how many weeks, and he continues to be obsessed with pulling eggshells out of the garbage and crushing them all over the floor.  Did I mention he is cute and cuddly in the morning before he starts his daily rampage?

The Husband and I have made big (for us) plans to run 3 races this year, 1 of them being a dirty dash which is more about crazy, dirty, messy fun than actually running, as far as I can tell.  Otherwise, we are just thankful to be healthy and have all our needs and some of our wants taken care of.  We are so thankful to have Heavenly Father in our life, so thankful for the power of prayer, and we are ever grateful for the Savior's Atonement.  Boy, it is good to know when a royal mess up has been committed  or when our hearts ache or when we just don't think we can do what we need to do, He is there, A-L-W-A-Y-S.  With the Savior and my family by my side, I can do anything the Lord asks me to.  Now to learn to handle all this chaos with more grace.  I am always striving for more grace, but it is elusive, I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment