Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Precious

I have no idea why, but I love this picture!!!  It totally reminds me of Lord of the Rings or Star Wars or something else fantasy/sci fi, and, again, I have no idea why.  Hehehehe!

Today, I learned that The Quiet Man has an DOWN escalator phobia but not an UP escalator phobia.  On that same note, did you know it is really embarrassing to take young ones to the mall who have never been before.  They made several sweet, elderly mall walkers nearly break their hips, running here and there, paying no attention to what was going around them.  The Hulk screamed and arched his back every time I tried to carry him down some stairs (as we couldn't ride the escalators due to above phobia) because he wanted to do it himself.  Keep in mind he is 18 months, so it is a slow and laborious process, but so let it be written, so let it be done...and it was...so slowly.  The Hulk managed to open a package of girls undies and scatter about various other lingerie.  I hate the mall.  All I wanted, all I really wanted, was to just find a dress that would go to or past Judy Moody's knees.  She's tall but not like freakishly tall, so what's the deal.  Does it cost that much more to add 6 inches of skirt to a dress, so a girl can feel a little more comfortable.  RI-DIC-U-LOUS.  It truly was, especially trying to find this dress with a little boy with phobias who also liked to take off his shoes and pretend to sleep on the floor whenever I stopped to measure dress lengths, as well as an even littler boy who was determined to see if mannequins work like dominoes.  As I said, I dislike the mall, loved it as a teen, hate it now, but Hulk and Quiet really upped that disdain for me today.  

To reward myself for the heinous crimes committed against me earlier, I pulled out my NEW sewing machine from Christmas and fixed some tank tops and also made Judy Moody a skirt and belt, so we can make her wardrobe last while I try to figure WHERE IN THE WORLD YOU CAN GET A KNEE LENGTH DRESS??? for a sweet little (actually super tall) 9 year old.  I was SO happy sewing with a machine that gave me no grief.  JM wants me to teach her to sew soon, so, um, that sounds like a good challenge to help me work on that patience thing.  Such a good skill to give the girl, so I better man up, I suppose.  

In other news (oh yes, there is always other news), Obi Wan is now over half way through with Harry Potter Book 5.  I laugh at him inwardly when he cries as his sister calls him a bookworm.  He is, he totally is, and of all the things to be called, a truer name has never been called, maliciously or no, and dude, trust me, Tub of Lard, Fatso, and Gimp are way worse things to be called than Bookworm--not that I would know that personally, but I wear the name bookworm like a badge of honor and so should my little Bookworm. :)

Oh, I love my little brood, but I don't love every little bit about them.  It has been an introspective week for me, trying to figure how I need to change some major behaviors that have been detrimental to my progress, and I'm not even talking about eating, nope, something different, so I suppose always having the distraction of my little nutters can be a good thing, so I don't torture myself with my own problems and can focus instead on the fact that Quiet Man poked Obi Wan in the eye after hitting him with his Thor hammer but before slapping The Hulk.  Still, when they are all older and mostly capable of taking care of themselves, I am off to Scotland/Ireland/England for a month to fulfill the dreams I am building in my head.  Peace Out!

No comments:

Post a Comment