Saturday, February 16, 2013

Often, on Rare Occasions, I Cry

Sometimes, it is just nice to not make sense.  Really quick catch up (which is better than nothing, right?) is that we had the official, terrible, hideous, plague-like flu at our house this week).  Shout out to Judy Moody, presumably, for introducing it into our house.  You know it's bad when on day 5 you are still not 100%, though improved from day 1 when you were thinking of what you should have included in your will.  Obi Wan and The Quiet Man escaped this one...I hope, I hope, I hope.

But about crying, work just made me cry.  Doing medical transcription, I hear all kinds of "stories" about patients' lives as they are treated, and it is ALL CONFIDENTIAL, so I will do no details, but a little baby fighting hard to survive who didn't make it just made me feel so sad.  I can imagine a little how hard it must have been for the mom, and it makes me want to complain less about my glorious little minions as they have all been so healthy.  This also hit home when The Hulk was sick earlier in the week.  Sometimes, watching the house get destroyed every day and constantly having to try to teach the right things to do and fix all the messes gets a little old, but seeing him look and feel so horrible makes me think a messy house with healthy kids is better than a sick smelling house with sad kids.  Less complaining, more gratitude Anna!!!

I don't know that I can think of any exciting stuff since I was just trying to recup most of the week.  The kids enjoyed Valentines.  We got those lovely taxes done--The Husband did it actually while I was gravely ill, so I didn't participate at all.  What a man!!!!  Obi Wan is being tested for a Challenge program at his teacher's request, which got me thinking, after I asked him what he wanted to read after HP, that I need to stimulate the poor kid with some nonfiction reading material.  And now we have a beautiful Saturday.  Got the Christmas lights down; it is over 50 degrees (but I'm working :(  ), and we get to have some stromboli in 2 hours.  Lyfsgud as one of my favoritist people would say.  I hope that each of you loved ones and the liked ones, and most of the not liked so much or unknown ones, have a pleasant rest of your weekend.  Remember to enjoy and treat wonderfully those you love.  You never know and regret bites.  BUT the promise of eternal families makes many of life's unfair and tragic events more doable for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment