Thursday, November 8, 2018

November = Gratitude


I knew when my children were making extravagant Christmas lists mid October that we were in trouble.  I get as excited about Christmas as most children, but I wanted Halloween to at least have a chance.  And how could we even think of obliterating the only month of official Thanksgiving?  Using my shiny new EdTech skills and a day during a week of sickness meaning I had more down time not having to drive around so much, I made a (slightly) interactive Google Slides presentation for EVERY SINGLE DAY of November.  It's all about gratitude.  And that's right.  Even after the turkey and pies are gone and we still have that whole extra week of November before Christmas, at my house we will still be focusing on, pondering, talking and drawing about thankfulness.  It's our November scripture study actually, and it's definitely an experiment.  I'm not sure how to measure the results, and only time will tell if each of us has upped our gratitude.  It is one of the greatest of virtues, as President Monson once said.

Adorable side effect of our study:  I taught myself to cast the laptop screen onto the TV using our Amazon Firestick (I feel like I could have affiliates links here with all these brands!), and one night we were to draw pictures or write poems, etc.  I helped Daphne write a poem, and now she likes to try to copy down several words from each slide every night, saying she wants to write her poem for the day.  It's pretty cute. 

I need to share very soon about some of her 4-year-old sweetness and innocence.  She does make us giggle on occasion, even if she does not appreciate it.  Some day she will feel very proud making people laugh...today was not that day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment