Friday, October 26, 2018

Still, I Do Have Exciting News Even if a Rain Cloud Looms

I may have done things in an odd order, but I applied to the graduate college last spring and was accepted.  Actually, I was confused and also applied to Boise State as an undergrad (I thought I had to because I was doing prerequisites but apparently not).  Then I decided I would apply a wee bit early to my certificate program.  That was a nerve-racking as all my materials were due 9/22, and that meant an essay and having guts to ask for recommendations, etc., all while keeping up school and the rest of life.  Then I got a surprise Oct 1 when I got an email saying I passed to phase II.  What?  An interview?  I thought no interview until my professional year admittance.  So that psyched me out for 2 weeks, but I had signed up for the first interview position on the first day, and I had practice my presentation again and again...and again.  Bless all those who listened!  That went down on Oct 15, and though I could have done better at being prepared with questions (I have a million but they escaped my mind at the moment) and being more comfortable with answering the questions they asked, I felt I did my best for the moment.  A week later I got my letter, part of which is below. 

Sadly, I got to be excited for 1 day and then some work issues have come up and I let that steal my joy...not sure how not to, but I am admitted.  I got all excited looking at spring classes available.  Reality is I should focus on taking my Math PRAXIS and getting my other prereq done, but it IS tempting to take another class.  We will see.  And if I don't get to it in spring, there is always summer.  I feel proud of the steps I've taken even though there are what feels like a million more and lots could go wrong.  It was nice (for 1 day) to feel like all my ducks are in a row and I am making progress.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!! And be proud and excited of what is to come and what you get to do and learn and become!!!

    ReplyDelete