Monday, May 29, 2017

More things I want to remember

Daphne has heard her brothers say, "Me too!" for a few years now.  She started saying, "Me three!" after someone else said, "Me too," but now if you say something she agrees with or want to do (even if no one else says, "Me too," she says, "Me three!" every...single...time.  It is very cute.  Her brothers keep trying to correct her, but I kind of want it to last a little longer.

5 Hopes I Dared to Hope
5 Dream Come True
5 Pregnancies (all different but not he most miserable ever)
5 Labors (each with their own story recited every birthday)
5 Years of Breastfeeding (because it was cheap and easy for us)
5 People Who Know Just How to Push My Buttons
5 People Whose Triumphs I Feel Deeply, As Well As Their Struggles
5 People I Hope To Spend Forever With


To anyone else the above pic looks like a jumble of sleeping children.  To me it is a little slice of heaven, perhaps on the smelly on ragtag side...but heaven nonetheless.  I want to remember that this Memorial Day weekend instead of taking it easy, my husband did an entire day of yard work, still went to church and a meeting with me on Sunday (didn't even get a nap), set up a tent, got briquettes ready for a boy desperate to make cupcakes baked in orange peels, pulled out and put away gear, slept uncomfortably and got a cold head as we camped in our yard.  The kids thought it was all pretty fantastic, and that's why we did it!

No comments:

Post a Comment