Monday, May 22, 2017

Daphne's 3rd

WAAAAAY back in February, our little DG turned 3.  She asked for an ice cream cake (which meant less money for presents), but she is 3, so she didn't care one bit.  

 For her special dinner she requested we all get to make homemade pizzas.
 And she was introduced to Frozen by a doll I had saved since she was 1.  My mom had bought it for her (I think possibly as an excuse to also buy herself one), but I knew she wouldn't like it as a baby.  She LOVES it this year though.  So much so, that she just asked dad this month to please by her Frozen, and she watched it the first time yesterday.


Daphne has been 3 in great ways and in less than great ways.  Lucky for both of us, since she is 5th tantrums are more likely to make me laugh or feel pity for a tired little girl than to get her in trouble.

Daphne has the best imagination and can play for a good amount of time with her baby dolls, ponies, her stuffed animals, her dollhouse, her kitchen or any of her siblings.  This last week when I was busy sewing she and Shawn played house for 2 days all morning long.  It was more than precious to witness.  She likes to keep up with her brothers and be tough and silly, too.

Below I believe she was putting all the dollhouse dolls and their pets to sleep.  She has also been known to cause pandemics amongst all the animals and dolls which Dr. Daphne then treats.  So, so fun.

The more I get to know her, the more I like, and I can say that even as she is rolling around on the floor next to me wrapped in a blanket, feeling a little angry I didn't get her milk fast enough.  Luckily, she'll snap out of it a minute or two.  Looking forward to many, many more years to come with our little Dapherdil.

No comments:

Post a Comment