Monday, July 18, 2016

Let's Chat

Let's chat...only really fast because I am on a quick break but have so much I wish I could write about.
 You know, I could look a whole lot scarier without makeup.  I always feel like the lack of major change with and without makeup is mostly a blessing for me.  You get what you get.  No surprises on this face...for better or worse.  I will say it looks WAAAAY better with a smile.  When I am grumpy or sad I swear I age by 10 or so years.  Yikes!
 Sewing has taken the household by storm.  I've sewn a dress and kids (especially Lil and Matt) have gone teddy bear (and seahorse thanks to Lily) crazy.  I'm proud, naturally.
 It has been a summer full of swimming which makes me so happy as we have progress.  Would you believe that Ben and Shawn are actually excelling in their swim lessons rather than being the scaredy-cats of the class.  I am so thankful to our neighbors/the family Lily babysits for.  The use of their pool has done wonders for my not so fishy children.
 Nothing says summer fun like a burrito party?  They are the cutest blanket burritos I ever did see, that's for sure.
 This little girl is actually quite fashion conscious.  She cares if her hair is done and what clothes she wears.  Yes, her hairstyle choices are 'special' and her clothing coordination is, well, not coordinated, but I think it is super cute and girly that she cares so much.  However, it does mean extra laundry when she plows through 4 outfits in a day and we can't remember what is dirty and what is not.
 After school let out, we went to Savers to get summer clothes...and apparently to try on hats...and purchase a few stuffed animals because the 300 we already have just weren't cutting it.  I got comments on how well behaved my kids were as the boys waited for Lily trying on clothes.  Bless them for being well behaved in that situation.
 Last day of 6th grade for milady.  6th grade was not a fair-weather friend at times, but if we can just make it through 2 more years of middle school I am sure high school will be better.  She has grown and changed so much.  Being our guinea pig makes watching her grow up extra fascinating.  It's all so new and different and you never know what to expect with her.  We love her so much, and she makes the house run smoother...minus the brother beatings (please don't take that literally).  She is as bossy a big sister as could be, but I'm sure things will smooth out...eventually...hopefully...maybe not.
 I have become NATURE GIRL!  Okay.  I probably already was, but I have spent more time outside this spring and summer than I have for years and years.  It's been pretty fabulous and freeing and therapeutic since a year of full time work has almost made me lose my mind and my waist.





It has been a great summer and not overly hot to boot.  Yahoo-yippee.  Regarding my last post from what feels like long ago, I have been writing and hoping and working on things, and it has been quite an adventure with some ups and some downs.  I definitely no where I want to go.  I just have to try some different paths until I find the one that gets me there.  Wishing anyone who reads this fulfillment of their dreams and joy in the journey regardless of their dream destination.  Anna out!

1 comment: