Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Just Keep Swimming 2016

We have some shy swimmers in the family.  Oh yes we do.  And I think swimming is so important, so by the time we are finished, we will have spent $1000s in swim lessons for these little chiquita bananas.  Oh yes we will.  
 Shawn is still intimidated by jumping off the diving board.  Hopefully next year.  Never give up.
 When Ben decided to jump off the diving board and swim the entire length of the pool, Daphne and Shawn cheered him on.  "Go Ben!  Go Ben!"  We are a little more enthusiastic about swim lessons than your average bears.  Plus, this is one of the few times when they supported each other instead of  punching or insulting.
 Ben is a poser of the rarest variety.  This is the year I would say swimming "clicked" for him.  He still has some serious coordination and form and technique issues, but his fear is nipped in the bud quite nicely.  Speaking as possibly the most reluctant Nicholes swimmer, I feel I can say this.
 It always SOOO fulfilling as swim lessons are something we spend a lot of effort and time on to see those lessons finally pay off after years (oh yes, years) of patience and refusing to do this and that.  No melt downs in my family but definite refusals.
 We still have Matt's swim lessons to go, and I am very excited to see how those goes.  I think he isn't very afraid either and has just some technique stuff to work out.  I think all in all I will dub this a seriously successful swim lesson year.  Now, the tricky part, taking them swimming all winter.  I wonder if once a month is enough because it is quite the circus to haul all the kids to the pool by myself and the papa is not so into project excellent swimmers in a hands-on sense.

In other news (oh yes, there is always other news with me), we had a lovely Friday afternoon.  Whee!  We went and played at this huge fountain in a huge park ....with huge piles of goose poop (what?  I was continuing the huge them, and it was true).  It wasn't crowded which is JUST HOW I LIKE IT!  We also went to a candy store and I would have been remiss if I hadn't taken them on a driving tour of ye old stomping grounds.  Our first apartment/duplex was SOOO small.  How did we ever fit to barely-not-teenagers and a hyper stinky beagle in that little place?  The mind reels.  I also showed them campus, attempted to show them my old dorm but would you believe they have built an entire huge (there's that word again) new dorm all around my old little dorm?  So sad.  Walking tour will be required.  My how times change, but good old fashioned fun never does.  Thank goodness for that.

 Daphne was hilarious running screaming up to the water fountain, getting wet and then running screaming back.  again and again and again.  Tres cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment