Wednesday, September 30, 2015

It is Better to Look Up!

I feel today how Daph looks in this picture.  I'm sure in all actuality she was thinking, "Could you please give me the Oreos, Twizzlers and Skittles you have brought for movie treats.  I need them NOW."  But to me, her face looks  tired, uncertain, maybe a little overwhelmed.  Thankfully, Dafferdil go to to sleep after hours of torturing me and other moviegoers (let's be honest, it was pretty much just me getting tortured and kicked in the head by a baby trying to go to sleep).  But me, I don't get to go to sleep.  Have to face each new day, and I want to face each new day, just with more hope, more joy, and more energy.  So many challenges to overcome.  So many little details that have to be taken care of.  And so little time.  
 I did go the the temple and get re-energized and refocused on what really matters.  Being able to go where it is quiet and calm, just stepping back from the piles and mounds of crazy that I have to manage in my life, just gives me the healthiest dose of perspective and hope and the feeling of strength that I can keep pushing on and that I should be finding the happiness in every day instead of focusing on what is/could be going wrong.  Also, took my man to dinner last night with some gift cards, and we talked some more, and that did seem to help.  It's just once we are back in the thick of our lives, it is so easy to forget what really matters and is of most worth.  It's a constant struggle for me.

But, with some renewed vim and vigor today, it has been going well, and I like this picture of the clear blue sky and sunlight playing in the treetops on a walk that Daph and I took on an early Saturday morning this summer.  Looking up and hoping and dreaming is way better than looking at my shoelaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment