Friday, August 14, 2015

Ben 6 (not 10)

Oh man, a draft I never completed.  A birthday not recognized.  What is wrong with me!!!  So here it is in it's incomplete form, written 2/3/15...better late than never.

There once was a boy named Ben.  He was the type of kid who spent all year counting down to his birthday (I kid you not).  He made birthday cake plans ALL YEAR LONG.  A hundred different things were want he wanted his cake to be.  It changed a lot.  I pinned him down to one decision a few weeks before.  Whenever I checked back, he stuck with that final decision.  He also had a bunch (a whole bunch) of ideas what he wanted for breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts for his special day.  He ALSO had many, many present ideas.  I tried to make what I could a reality.  We do believe in keeping it simple, but we did get him an awesome present, and he was very thrilled with his new LeapPad from Grandma Laura.  He also loved the thrill of cash from my mom and dad.  I cannot say he saved the money or spent it wisely, but he had fun.

First a little flashback.

BTW...his cake was a Castle Crashers character Fruit Pizza because that is just what he wanted.
 We celebrated our first ever birthday party in the morning as his Thursday birthday Dad had to go to class all that evening.
1. Seems to get very anxious and worried if he feels someone is not safe and could get hurt.  My other kids kinda shrug their shoulders, but he is always aware of things like this.
2.  Looks up to his older brother and sister.
3. Finally plays well with Shawn...most of the time.
4.  Has become an amazing reader.  It's hard to believe we were worried to the max when he started Kindergarten.
5.  Love his prayers which often just consist of gratitude and not asking for anything.
6.  Hoping he makes some good friends in first grade...I know that even though he is easygoing and doesn't complain about it, he felt a little sad to get bounced from one group of friends to another and often end up playing by himself last year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment