Sunday, July 6, 2014

21 Weeks Old

This stage of my motherhood feels weird, wanting to freeze all the perfectly endearing parts of my children, yet wanting all those annoying characteristics to be grown out of.  Can't have one without the other though, and time goes by so quickly I can hardly catch my breath.
What has the adorable Daphne been up to?  Not a lot of this during the day.  Me:  "Please, Little Girl, sleep for just an hour or 2 so that I can clean and maybe (maybe, maybe, maybe) someday have a hobby other than cooking and reading."  Daphne:  "No way, Jose!"  Once I do get her to sleep (2 hours after I wanted her to sleep, thus making me work late EVERY SINGLE NIGHT), she sleep very, very well for her age or any age, I suppose.  She is also sweet, happy and patient in the morning when she wakes up.  Aside from sleep, she is working the rolling over thing a bit more.  Drooling check.  But the best thing this week was hearing her laugh and laugh at her dad.  You can tell she is starting to think he is someone kind of cool.  Lily helps a lot with Daphne-I admire that she gets that opportunity.  As I told Lily, I was so scared of babies until we had her.  I had probably changed 6 diapers in my entire life before being a mom.  Lily knows what to do in a lot of situations with a lot of different ages of children.  Now if I could get her to be more gentle with her brothers and stop extracting slave labor in exchange for Pokemon cards.

Working this Fourth was hard.  The whole weekend was pretty fun for all, but I had to work at the most inconvenient times and Daphne just wanted her mommy.  Can you blame her?  I'm so fun!!!

Very, very happy that Lucas worked super hard for a couple hours on Shawn's room.  That kid drags out every toy (nay, I say every item) in the house that he can get his cute grubby little hands on, and he never puts any of it away, ever.  Bless his heart.  So after me letting the kids be bribed or pressed to do a half-hearted job for the last few months, Lucas worked his magic.  (I forget about his magic sometimes).  Now there are no more near deadly eggshell walks on toys.  It's safe in there!  Also, Lots of great food means SO MANY DISHES a girl could cry whenever she walks in the kitchen but Lucas bailed me out there while I dried.  Ah, love, it means a lot of different things than you think when you start out.

My upcoming diabolical plans?  

Well, 8-year-old Matt gets to step it up and take on a bathroom cleaning once a week.  I'm going to find some gentler cleaning solutions just so he doesn't have an asthma attack as an excuse to not get the job done (I say that lovingly, not maliciously).  Speaking of which, that little dude has totally stopped having as many breathing problems this summer since we invested in an air purifier last week.  So happy!  It feels horrible as a parent to know your kid is struggling just to breathe and you have no idea how to make it all better.  

Other plans include ACTUALLY GETTING SOME ME/ONE-ON-ONE TIME (granted, with kids swarming around because there is no other time-I shall just set boundaries) so that I can sew with Lily, actually do a little decorating on the seriously, seriously side, organize photos, make baby albums (albeit it simple) for some children besides Lily (I know, I know.  And I am so ashamed.  Maybe you are thinking I had no business making more babies if I couldn't even manage to make them baby albums.  You'd be wrong, but you might think it.)   I also want to hit the math facts/counting hard-maybe in a group session because again, 1-on-1?  Fo' get 'bout it.  And finally I want to take some writing time (together because see above) as I want my kids to know how to do it, improve it, get good at it, and enjoy it.  

OOh, Ooh, and even though I already said finally...deep breath:  Lastly, I want Ben to get speech practice with ME, LUCAS, LILY, and MATT every day in short spurts.  I feel like if we hit it hard we can really help that guy make a little progress.  AND service is so important.  When you serve others, you learn to love them more and more, and my little Ben needs lots of love from his family.



No comments:

Post a Comment