Thursday, September 2, 2010

Evil Knievil Returns

Hello all!  Yesterday was not my favorite day.  B, for anyone who doesn't know, is a danger to himself and others.  He likes to try anything that gives him a thrill, even if it could kill him.  He climbed over the top of our couch, hung down the other side and then dropped, bouncing off the couch and banging the back of his head into our metal railing.  He got a nice little split.  Fortunately, Mom, who is better at dealing with blood than me apparently, helped clean it up, and we decided we SHOULD be able to get away with no urgent care/ER visit.  It started bleeding a little at bedtime last night and this morning there is what I would call a little weeping.  Meanwhile, B continues to run around crazy, and I cringe, hoping he won't hit his injury on the table or a corner, etc.  I seriously want to wrap his whole body (except breathing orifices) in pillows tied on with ropes and call it good.  I am thankful it wasn't worse, though.  With B terrifying me, L and M seem quite sane.  L is LOVING school.  She comes home happy and full of information to share.  She is big on the social aspect as well, so we have to talk about who chased her, who yelled at her, etc.  She also lost the first 1st grade tooth of the year.  That's number 8 for her.  The tooth fairy forgot to come last night, which really made her sad.  She decided that probably the tooth fairy was scared to come in our house because I was up late sewing.  I think she was right, and I will be sure to go to bed early tonight.  I do NOT want a repeat.  M lays low all day long, seriously low.  He colors.  He watches a little TV, plays some games and talks with me a little or plays with Enzo, or rarely B.  I have realized after 3 days of this that he is saving up every particle of energy in his body to greet L when she comes home each day.  When The L arrives, all 3 kids go crazy...pretty much until bedtime.  Picture a Calvin and Hobbes scene where Calvin is walking in the door after school.  L is Calvin and M is Hobbes...you get the idea.  I'm, uh, working on a solution for my sanity's sake but haven't got one figured out yet.  In fact, B's injury yesterday was when he got all hypered up because L was home.  Some kind of supernatural force must connect these 3. 

I've had a fun week, got 2 spend some time with a good friend, and I'm learning some new crafty skills so that is always cheerful.  I learned also that I have the funniest dentist on earth, but I think he is cruel because he says all this silly stuff while there is a bunch of stuff in my mouth, so I'm sure I look ridiculous trying to laugh but unable to. 

The Husband, well, he has his usual end of month stuff at work, so we shall call him Zombie Man until next week.  He continues to be ever helpful to me even though he is exhausted by the time he gets home, so he is allowed to be Zombie Man for just this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment