Thursday, October 27, 2016

There IS no place like HOME

Today...

In this moment...
 THIS IS ONE HAPPY MAMA because...
 Well, honestly, there are lots of reasons.  Maybe one reason could be because my kids come up with absurd Halloween characters/costumes they want to be that happen to be super cheap.  So lucky my kids have never set their hearts on a $50 costume.  That would never happen.
 Or maybe it's because my kids have such good friends...I have such good friends, which is kind of a big deal when you aren't a socialite or way into lots and lots of get-togethers, but it is priceless to me to have dependable people, people who care, people who get me and whose houses I feel comfortable letting my kids go to anytime and vice-versa.  Knowing your kids are happy, safe and valued even when they aren't with you is invaluable as well.
But tonight, the reason I am so happy is because all 7 of us are under one roof (the hubs and kids would make me say 9 because of the blasted cat and dog), all together, after a crazy couple of weeks...that will probably last at least a few more days before we can breathe, but I feel full of love and joy right this moment - love my husband, love my children, love the season, the neighbors, and I am so thankful for my Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ.  They can carry me through anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment