Friday, January 29, 2016

Baby Blue Turned 7 Today

 My only blue-eyed kiddo.  I love him even as he has tested and taught us in new and sometimes unusual ways.

1:  He will forever be the teeniest Nicholes baby at 7 pounds, but he is probably going to be the closest thing I will have ever have to a tall skinny Wyoming cowboy...it's a stretch, but like I said the closest I will ever know in this house.
 2:  He is definitely a ninja.  Just when I or Lucas and I think we are all alone in our room, out from under the bed or behind a door will pop Ninja Ben.
3:  He has mischievous written all over him.  This was the kid who, when I was clearly hugely pregnant, decided to start running away down the sidewalk whenever we tried to go anywhere in the car, my pregnant form waddle running after him before he ran into the road.
 4:  He likes to entertain...in primary...at school...at home if his siblings will let him, anything for a laugh.
5:  He has helped us to learn and grow as parents as we have hoped everything would go well with his speech and as we try to figure out some other stuff too.  Any kid who teaches you to pray more than you were praying is definitely a blessing.

6:  Oh, his kisses.  He is a very loving son at tuck in.  He needs his hug AND kiss to make bedtime official.

7:  And, yes, it's superficial, but I LOVE HIS EYES.  They are the brightest true blue and have been since week 1 of his life.  You can see all his emotions in his eyes, and I just love them SOOO much.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BLUE-EYED NINJA.  MAY THE SNEAKING AND TRICKS LAST FOR ANOTHER CENTURY...at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment